The Value of the Mass

The Value of the Mass
Up to our own times, it has been the constant concern of supreme pontiffs to ensure that the Church of Christ offers a worthy ritual to the Divine Majesty, 'to the praise and glory of His name,' and 'to the benefit of all His Holy Church - Pope Benedict XVI, Summorum Pontificum

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Counting the Days


Wow, I can't believe that my first year of seminary is almost done. I only have 4 weeks left, and then I get to go to my summer assignment at my local indult parish to work with the poor in that area, give tours of the museum there (which I'll have to tell all of you about sometime here) and of course learn to serve the old Mass.

Reflecting on the year here, I have to say that in seminary it is imperative to trust in God. Just a few days ago, I was seriously questioning my vocation believing that the Church was in serious trouble with the kind of spirituality present in the seminary. Little did I know that God was inspiring, behind the scenes, great changes. Now, looking towards next year we're looking at retreats with the likes of Fr. Groschel and possibly even Fr. John Corapi. It's truly exciting. We're looking here at going from retreats were benediction of the Blessed Sacrament was forbidden to a formation that requires an hour of Eucharistic Adoration before the day begins. Truly good things come to those who wait, and if I've learned one important thing in my first year of seminary it's to trust God with your whole heart for with God all things are possible.

No comments: