The Value of the Mass

The Value of the Mass
Up to our own times, it has been the constant concern of supreme pontiffs to ensure that the Church of Christ offers a worthy ritual to the Divine Majesty, 'to the praise and glory of His name,' and 'to the benefit of all His Holy Church - Pope Benedict XVI, Summorum Pontificum

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Pope!


I know this is old news, but it's news that bears repeating and it's just big enough news to not ignore. On the feast of the Baptism of the Lord (New Calender) the Pope celebrated Mass in the Sistine Chapel ad orientem. This is definitely a step in the right direction and a pretty big step at that. (Although, I would argue that when he rearranged the altar at St. Peters that he began celebrating Mass ad orientem a month ago!) Now, I'm just hoping to see the Traditional Mass used by the Pope. Well, I guess I'll keep praying.

No comments: